Solid Timber Floors & Decking
No other flooring material, natural or man-made, can match the lasting beauty and sheer durability of solid hardwood. Solid tongue and groove strip flooring has been used as an elegant floor covering for many years. With its warmth, style and elegance, this traditional flooring system is as popular today as it was in bygone centuries.
Tongue and groove flooring is designed to be laid directly onto joists, battens over concrete, or even nailed to old timber flooring and provides a tight plank-to-plank fit. Tongue and groove joints on both sides and ends of the plank ensure a continuous and stable surface. The end matching, which is a tongue and groove on the ends of the boards, removes the need for ends to fall directly over a joist or batten. This results in less cutting and less waste.
It is designed to be nailed down and glued. 80mm board widths can be secret-nailed into the tongue while wider boards 130mm and wider are top-nailed for extra stability. Special widths of up to 240mm are available by order.
- Nailed to battens over a concrete slab
- Nailed to timber joists over bearers
- Nailed to plywood over concrete or timber joists
- Nailed to old timber strip flooring over joists
Features and Benefits:
- The classic style of solid hardwood makes it virtually fashion-proof. A polished timber floor will look as stylish in 20years’ time as it does today
- Extremely easy to clean and maintain
- A long lasting floor covering that can be refinished many times
- The environmental choice – timber is one of the world’s few truly renewable resources
- A timber sub-floor gives easy access to the underfloor for plumbing or ducted heating, or to repair wiring
- Insulation and warmth underneath feet unlike tiles.