Laminated flooring provides a floor that is relatively cheap to purchase and easy to maintain. It is environmentally friendly, warm and looks natural and is also able to take a few knocks.
Laminate flooring is comprised from a number of layers. The decor layer, the one everyone sees, is a photograph of real wood or tiles, which is printed on paper. This paper is impregnated with a melamine resin. On top of this layer, there is also a very strong transparent protective layer.
The melamine layers are pressed under extremely high pressure onto an HDF core board. The top layer is then pressed with a “natural” surface structure. Because of the method of pressing the final product is almost no longer distinguishable from the real material that it is imitating. Moreover, the disadvantages of having massive wooden floors is not present in laminated flooring.
- Must be installed with underlay
- Can be installed on any subfloor
- Floor must be level
- Can be installed onto concrete
Features and Benefits:
- Uniclic system to provide a fast install with no open joints
- Underlay is available to easily provide reduced sound transmission for apartments and commercial buildings
- Easy to clean
- Fully compatible with underfloor heating
- Perfect for commercial premises such as shops and offices, and tenanted premises including rented apartments